- Eliapenda, E.,Tungaraza, C. (2017). Assessing significance of community documented climate impacts and adaptation preferences and options in the Lake Victoria region, Tanzania. EJESM., 10(6): 713 â€“ 727.
- Mihale, M. J., Croes, K., Tungaraza, C., Baeyens, W. and Van Langenhove, K., 2013. PCDD/F and Dioxin-Like PCB Determinations in Mtoni Estuarine Sediments (Tanzania) Using the Chemically Activated Luciferase Gene Expression (CALUX) Bioassay. Environment and Pollution. 2(3); DOI: 10.5539/ep.v2n3p1.
- Tungaraza, C. Eliapenda, E. Osewe, K.O and Palapala, P. M., 2012. Long-term climate impact on the Lake Victoria region influences water level fluctuation and resource availability. International Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2(3): 1717 â€“ 1732.
- Tungaraza C., Mato R., Mkoma S. L. and Ezekiel C. N., 2011. Significance of terrestrial inflows to carbon and nitrogen distribution in the Lake Victoria surface water. Int. J. Biol. Chem.Sci., 5(2); 688-697.
- Tungaraza C., Chibunda R.T. and Pereka A. E., 2011. Dietary Exposure to Mercury of the Adult Population in Mugusu Artisanal Gold Mining Village Tanzania: A Total Diet Approach., The Open Environmental Engineering Journal, 4, 141 â€“ 146.
- Mkoma S. L., Kimambo O. N., Mabiki F. P., and Tungaraza C., 2010. Dependence of Air Quality on Meteorological Parameters in Dar es Salaam Tanzania., Tanzania Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences (TaJONAS) 1(2): 148 â€“ 156.
- Mkoma S. L., Wang W., Maenhaut W. and Tungaraza C., 2010. Seasonal Variation of Atmospheric Composition of Water-Soluble Inorganic Species at Rural Background Site in Tanzania East Africa., EJESM., 3(2): 27 â€“ 38.
- Mkoma S. L., Tungaraza C., Maenhaut W. and Raes N., 2010. Elemental Composition and Sources of Atmospheric Particulate Matter in Dar es Salaam Tanzania., EJESM., 3(1): 20 â€“ 29.
- Chibunda R. T., Pereka A., E., Phiri E. C. and Tungaraza C., 2010. Ecotoxicity of Mercury Contaminated Sediment Collected from Mabubi River (Geita district Tanzania) to the Early Life Stages of African Catfish (Clariasgariepinus)., Int., J., Environ., Res., 4(1):49 â€“ 56.
- Samagwa D., Mkoma S. L. and Tungaraza C., 2009. Investigation of Noise Pollution in Restaurants in Morogoro Municipality Tanzania East Africa., J., Appl., Sci., Environ., Manage 13(4) 29 â€“ 33.
- Chibunda R. T., Pereka A. E. and Tungaraza C., 2008. Effects of sediment contamination by artisanal gold mining on Chironomusriparius in Mabubi River Tanzania., Physics and Chemistry of the Earth 33; 738 â€“ 743.
- Chibunda R. T., Tungaraza C. and Pereka A. E., 2006. Concentration of Mercury in Fish from Nungwe bay of Lake Victoria: Public health implication., Tanzania Veterinary Journal 23(2); 135 â€“ 145.
- Brion N., Nzeyimana E., Goeyens L., Nahimana D., Tungaraza C. and Baeyens W., 2006. Nitrogen uptake and river inputs in Northern Lake Tanganyika., Journal of Great Lakes Research 32(3); 553 â€“ 564.
- Tungaraza C., Brion N. and Baeyens W., 2005. Comparison of two models in the estimation of nitrogen uptake rates using data from 15-N incubation experiments OCEANOLOGIA 47 (3); 387 â€“ 403.
- Tungaraza C., Brion N., Rousseau V., Baeyens W., and Goeyens L., 2003. Influence of bacterial activities on nitrogen uptake rates determined by the application of antibiotics., OCEANOLOGIA 45(3); 473â€“489.
- Tungaraza C., Rousseau V., Brion N., Lancelot C., Gichuki J., Baeyens W. and Goeyens L., 2003. Contrasting nitrogen uptake by diatom and Phaeocystis-dominated phytoplankton assemblages in the North Sea., Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 292; 19â€“ 41.
Workshop papers and Reports
- Mjemah, I.C., Mtoni, Y., Elisante, E., Tungaraza, C.T., Mtakwa, P.W. and Walraevens, K. Sources of salinity in the quaternary sand aquifer of dar-es-salaam, Tanzania. 22nd Salt Water Intrusion Meeting: Salt Water Intrusion in Aquifers: Challenges and Perspectives. Addendum â€“ SWIM 2012 Proceedings Book. ISBN: 978-85-63243-03-4
- Tungaraza, C., Chibunda R. T., Pereka A. E., Hakiza G., Kabundege G., Kamanzi A. Environmental impacts of mercury in small-scale gold mining of the Lake Victoria basin: effects on African catfish and non-biting midge. VicRes Proceedings. VicRes Pollution and Heavy Metal cluster Workshop, 2nd â€“ 4th April 2009.
- Tungaraza, C. Eliapenda, E. Osewe K.O and Palapala, P. M. Adaptation strategies for challenges associated with climate and ecological changes affecting Lake Victoria communities. Final Implementation Report of Research Project. UNITAR 2009.
- Tungaraza, C. 2006. Water resource Management in Tanzania: Policy and Trans-boundary Management Problems. IAP Water Programme, Regional Workshop for Africa. pp36 â€“ 38. Pretoria, September 2006.
- Tungaraza, C. 2006. Water Research in Tanzania. IAP Water Programme, Regional Workshop for Africa. pp54 â€“ 55. Pretoria, September 2006.
- Workshop on GFCS and on promoting and enhancing the participation of African Scientists in Climate Change. Focusing on IPCC Processes and activities. TMA, 16th December 2016. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Stakeholders Consultative Meeting on the National Health Adaptation Plan Development. 19th â€“ 21st December 2016. VETA, Iringa.
- Spatial Targeting Agricultural Sustainable Intensification Investment Workshop. CIAT, Arusha, Tanzania. 26th -29th August, 2016.
- National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Workshop on Climate Risk and Vulnerability Stocktaking. Vice Presidentâ€™s Office & GIZ - Global Programme on Risk Assessment and Management for Adaptation to Climate Change. AICC Arusha, 10 - 13 October. 2016.
- Gold mining, pollution management and capacity building for sustainable livelihoods (GOMALIVE).Preliminary program of the GOMALIVE-international workshop. International Institute for Rural Development Planning (IRDP), Dodoma, Tanzania. 10 and 11 December 2015
- Annual Review meeting under the Southern Driven Development Research Programme. Danish Ministry of foreign Affairs. Dar es Salaam, Commission for Science and Technology. 22nd â€“ 23rd April 2015.
- SADC REDD+ Training course. Southern African Development Community (SADC) Arusha, 13th â€“ 17th April 2015.
- Exploring sustainable low carbon development pathways: follow up workshop on Low Carbon development (LCD). Climate Action Network (CAN), The LandMark Hotel & Resort â€“Mbezi Beach. 27 â€“ 28 February 2015.
- Comprehensive Livestock-Aquaculture Environmental Assessment for Improved Nutrition, a Secured Environment and Sustainable Development along Value Chains (CLEANED) validation synthesis and Planning workshop. ILRI Machakosi, Kenya. 30th â€“ 31st October 2014.
- Technical training and dissemination workshop, of the Tanzania land cover maps for the development of greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories, 2nd - 4th February 2015.
- High Performance Computing for Public Good workshop. Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology. Peacock Hotel, Dar es Salaam, 3rd June 2014.
- Stakeholdersâ€™ meeting on climate change adaptation and training on vulnerability assessment. Ministry of Health and welfare, Ministry of water and Vice presidentâ€™s office-Environment. 21st â€“ 28th February 2014, Tanga Tanzania.
- East Africa stakeholder consultation on dairy and environment. Towards a comprehensive livestock environment assessment framework. â€“ Learning from Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda. 18th September, 2013 ILRI Campus, Nairobi.
- A workshop on incorporating impacts of Climate Change on Agricultural Planning in Tanzania. Centre for weather and Climate applications and Research (CWCAR) and Tanzania Meteorological Agency (TMA). Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 14 August 2013.
- Challenges of Urbanisation and development in Africa in the context of Climate Change. 24 â€“ 25 July 2013, Mount Meru Hotel, Arusha Tanzania.
- UNFCCC regional expert meeting on a range of approaches to address loss and damage associated with the adverse effects of climate change. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 13 to 15 June 2012.
- Integrated risk assessment and management of pollutants in Lake Victoria Drainage Basin -Pollution cluster workshop 2nd â€“ 4th April 2009, Bujumbura, Burundi. Lake Victoria Research initiative (VICRES).
- Climate Change: Global Risks, Challenges and Decisions. 10 â€“ 12th March 2009, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Climate innovation and entrepreneurship in Tanzania workshop-Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania, 16th July 2009.
- COP 15 negotiation meeting. UNFCCC. Bonn, Germany, 10 â€“ 12 June, 2009.
- Identifying water and climate related topics for research. 13th March 2009 Danish Water Forum, Danish Research Platform.
- Second RCM â€“ Coordinated Research Projects (CRP) -Isotopic techniques for assessment of hydrological processes in wetlands. 8-12th August 2008. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Vienna, Austria.
- Advancing Capacity to Support Climate Change Adaptation (ACCCA) Workshop. United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), 4th to 9th December 2006, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Isotopic techniques for assessment of hydrological processes in wetlands. Coordinated Research Project (CRP) workshop-International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna 4th â€“ 8th December 2006.
- Water management in Africa. Part of IAP Global Water Programme. Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf) jointly with the Water Research Commission (WRC). Pretoria, Republic of South Africa 16th â€“ 18th August 2006.
- Effective Environmental Regulations in Tanzania. Bagamoyo, Tanzania. National Environmental Council in collaboration with University of Abertay Dundee, CDA consulting and Urban water Technology centre (Scotland). Bagamoyo, February 2006.
- Partcipant of the African Scientific Committee for African Institute of Science and Technology (AIST) June 2005.
- The specialised committee meeting of the Agriculture, Forestry and Environment. The Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA) 23rd â€“ 24th February 2004, Arusha, Tanzania.
- sustainable production and consumption: Making the connection and using Cleaner Production to facilitate the implementation of MEAs. UNEP and Cleaner Production centre of Tanzania (CPCT), Zanzibar 2003.
- ENIMSA Workshop. A seminar on Environmental Impact and the Marine Systems. Brussels May 1997.
- Fourth annual Scientific seminar: Utilization of Research and Development results. COSTECH, Dar es salaam, Tanzania, 1994.